Monday, October 26, 2009

Great Deals at Cash & Carry



My house smells like bacon.  It doesn't always smell like bacon, but right now it does.  Why, you may ask?  Because of one of the great deals I got at Cash & Carry last week.  If you don't know about Cash & Carry, then let me be the first to alert you to it's awesomeness.  If you're willing to watch for deals, you will definitely find them there.  Last week I stopped in (without even researching the sales) and here are the deals I got:

3 heads of green cabbage - .94 each (sold individually)
11 lbs Hillshire Farms Kielbasa - $1.59/lb (11lb package)
5 lbs sliced pepperoni - $3.45/lb (5 lb package.  The 10 lb package would have been $2.97/lb!)
24 lbs bacon slices and pieces - .49/lb (I bought 8 - 3lb packages)
10 lbs yellow onions - .32/lb (10 lb bag)
50 lbs LARGE baking potatoes - .12/lb (50 lb bag)

Grand Total:  $58.50

Since I have a Foodsaver machine (and a couple of extra freezers), I brought the meats home and divided them up to freeze.  I cooked 2 packages of the bacon (I think there was more meat on these than on regular sliced bacon!), then I chopped up the meat and now I have lots of frozen packages of bacon bits, which we will use in soups, salads, omelets, and on baked potatoes (we'll be eating a lot of potatoes in the coming month!).

If you are interested in seeing the sales at the Tacoma Mall Blvd Cash & Carry, please go to this link. 

http://www.smartfoodservice.com/specials.aspx?Ad=UGA

And if you find any screaming good deals, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa...great blog. Thanks for letting me know about it. I love to see all the great pictures and everything. May I please have a copy of the picture with all the kids from youth conference? Can you e mail it to me as an attachment? I want to add it to my blog too ( if that is ok). Thanks again for blogging about Cash N Carry. I LOVE that store and I will be going there tomorrow morning. Yippee Me !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. We'd love to hear what you think.